NOTHING BUILDS RAPPORT, increases TRAFFIC AND MAKES SALES, LIKE A GOOD VIDEO!
This online Jeweler is recognized by the wedding industry as the No.1 retailer for wedding bands.
Online Videos are Extremely Effective
The effectiveness of online videos is not a myth or merely an ad slogan, it is a FACT!. Small businesses and corporations large and small are leveraging the potential of the internet to attract large audiences 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The power of online video is unquestionably potent and impressive, so much so, that even police agencies are taking advantage of the internet to "leverage information" in a responsible and effective way. The Ventura County District Attorney's Office is also utilizing the web to inform and protect county residents. They do this by showing webcasts about real estate fraud, elder abuse, protecting personal property and victims' rights to name a few. They explain where and how to get the help required should you find yourself in need of assistance. This is much different than retail products, professional service organizations and car dealerships, but just as effective. No doubt that online video strengthens key relationships between customers, employees, residents and government agencies as a whole.
Online video benefits retailers
- In 2009, 55% of online retailers used videos on product pages. By 2010, this increased to 73%. In 2012, retailers are hitting 90%. And now in 2016, the statistics show a whopping 95% of retailers are using video...this is no accident!
- According to Retail Touchpoints, consumers who watch product videos are 174% more likely to buy products compared to those who do not watch any online videos.
- According to the Wall Street Journal, Hurricane Sandy kept a lot of people at home. But the storm didn't stop online shoppers. Without seeming insensitive to the storms devastation, online retailers offered discounts from 50% to 80% off retail items. Despite the storm retailers did extremely well online!
- Some sites using video directly embed products into their videos. 'Calls to Action' appear throughout the content which enable consumers to stop the video and view more information about the products shown, thus creating more confidence in the purchase.
- Hotmail was one of the first major webmail clients to embed video into their email marketing campaigns. This e-commerce solution allows senders to implement target specific marketing.
- Video analytics can determine when consumers click through product ads. This data can help refine video content and make video commerce even more successful.
- Product videos engage, educate, and entertain, which promotes confidence in online purchases. But perhaps more importantly, videos help build total brand awareness and showcase particular products.
- Checkout this article on how "instant convenience is transforming retail".
Integration with social media in mind
- Video enhances SEO/SEM efforts via social site integration. Retail sites that provided videos increased their traffic and conversations to social media platforms by 59%.
- Social media plays almost as large a role in purchasing decisions as does TV, and 57% of consumers say they're influenced to think more highly of businesses after seeing positive comments online...YELP anyone!
- Multi-lingual videos are a 'must have' for your business. Social media reaches all languages.
- No doubt, social media is playing a BIG PART in how we communicate, shop, stay in touch, and conduct our daily lives. In 2016, social media around the world has now become a way of life...just look at Twitter.
- Studies show social media sites are the very first place people visit when turning on their computers and cell phones to begin their day. If you're looking for a great place to eat, are you going top pull over and look for the Yellow pages or pick up your cell phone to search for a restaurant?
Online viewer habits
- According to comScore studies, 89% of the U.S. internet audience viewed an online video.
- Between December of 2008 to December 2013, viewers watched 82% more online videos.
- Cisco Systems reports that by 2016, 92% of internet traffic will be video.
- 3D and HD video will increase 23-fold between 2011 and 2016.
- Between 2011 and 2016, online video ad spending will increase from $1.97 Billion to $5.71 Billion.
- Three out of five site visitors who view product videos spend at least two minutes watching a videothat educates them. This education has a powerful impact on conversions generating sales.
- Viewership increased 500% to 800% using online videos versus static content such as text and graphics by keeping the viewer engaged also increasing response rates.
Top 10 Benefits of Online Shopping
products + video = e-commerce / ROI
RLG Media Services recognizes the ever increasing and significant change in how the power of video is being used by companies and organizations. Local and major retailers are taking advantage of online video as a major sales tool. Products and services can now be seen "in action", attracting visitors to your website. The ability to see products in an online video, means customers can learn important information before they 'buy' and feel good about the purchase. This "feel good" is a natural human emotion, and video plays an important role in creating this positive experience. The end result is that online video helps to increase e-commerce and deliver a strong ROI, by reaching the largest audience possible. Read our Online Video Statistics.